Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac tv App Remove download not available anymore for movies, only remove from Library

I don't see anymore the remove download option for movies, even if I downloaded them from the cloud. I've just tried it, it's not due to a movie downloaded from another store (I know this particularly annoying issue).

I only have the "Remove from Library" option. Which I don't want to do. I want the movie to appear in available downloadable movies as anyone could expect (clicking on the cloud icon).

Why is the option not available anymore ? Anyone else has the same issue or do you still have an option to remove download only when clicking on More ?

I know there's a possibility to recover the removed items going on iTunes in purchased item but it's not the expected behaviour and really cumbersome.

I expect to see items I've purchased in my Library with option to download/remove download as it was the case not long ago to save space but keep them visible.

Any help would be appreciated.

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 2:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 2:36 AM

Replying to my own question, in case it helps someone affected with the same issue.

Trying to find a way to solve this, I've downloaded a random tv show episode. Then used "Remove download" on the whole tv show (not only the episode).

Downloaded again one episode only.

Killed the tv app and reopened it.

The Remove download option appeared on the movie I needed to unload (not only the the tv show which is not related to the movie).

Seems like a configuration bug.

(Note: maybe killing the tv app and reopen it would have been sufficient but I preferred sharing the whole process I followed just in case it's not)

Rgds

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2020 2:36 AM in response to SabWorld

Replying to my own question, in case it helps someone affected with the same issue.

Trying to find a way to solve this, I've downloaded a random tv show episode. Then used "Remove download" on the whole tv show (not only the episode).

Downloaded again one episode only.

Killed the tv app and reopened it.

The Remove download option appeared on the movie I needed to unload (not only the the tv show which is not related to the movie).

Seems like a configuration bug.

(Note: maybe killing the tv app and reopen it would have been sufficient but I preferred sharing the whole process I followed just in case it's not)

Rgds

Mac tv App Remove download not available anymore for movies, only remove from Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.