Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hiding Movies Not Working on M1 Mac

When I try to hide a movie in the TV app on my M1 MacBook Pro, it will disappear from my library temporarily on the Mac but will not disappear from my library on my other devices and does not show up in my list of hidden movies in account settings. If I log in and out of the TV app, the movies in question will reappear in my library. This has been happening now for several months. Is there a solution?

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 6:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 4:26 PM

Hi jeriah212,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that hiding a movie on your MacBook Pro is not working as expected.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

Are you using the same Apple ID across your devices?

Did you use the same steps in the article below?

Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

If you answer yes to both questions, we recommend that you check if the issue persists while on safe mode. 

Below is an article to help guide you through the process.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Take care!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2022 4:26 PM in response to jeriah212

Hi jeriah212,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that hiding a movie on your MacBook Pro is not working as expected.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

Are you using the same Apple ID across your devices?

Did you use the same steps in the article below?

Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

If you answer yes to both questions, we recommend that you check if the issue persists while on safe mode. 

Below is an article to help guide you through the process.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Take care!

Oct 4, 2022 7:23 PM in response to kamote0628

Thank you! I can affirm a “yes” to your first two questions. I then used safe mode, and found that the TV app functioned properly in safe mode. I haven’t yet tested whether it works out of safe mode. I believe Ventura will be arriving soon. Whether or not it is working outside safe mode, I think I’ll wait till I can test it in Ventura, and if it still isn’t working then I’ll update this response.

Thank you again for all your help!

Hiding Movies Not Working on M1 Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.