Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem hiding a movie with TV app

So I've been trying to hide movies in my TV app on my mac. All the online help says to open TV app, click on "account" in the menu bar, then select "Purchased". Problem is, "Purchased" does not show as an option under the account menu bar. Only option there is, is to click on the three dots on the actual movie icon in the library. when you do that, there is an option to "Delete from library". When you select this option, you get a dialog, "Are you sure you want to hide this movie?" If you select the "Hide movie" option it temporarily hides in the TV app pn the mac but it doesn't hide it anywhere else, i.e. - Apple TV or other iOs devices. Further, when you quit the TV app and open it back up, the movie you previously hid show right back up again. Any help?????

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 7:50 AM

I can’t replicate your issue on my Mac (running Monterey).

When I hide a movie from the iTunes Store, then it is not visible on my other devices. And it doesn’t unhide after a restart.

It may be different if you have a downloaded copy on that device.

Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2022 7:50 AM in response to keyboardist

I can’t replicate your issue on my Mac (running Monterey).

When I hide a movie from the iTunes Store, then it is not visible on my other devices. And it doesn’t unhide after a restart.

It may be different if you have a downloaded copy on that device.

Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

Problem hiding a movie with TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.