Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Can't remove video from Apple TV

I've a video I want to remove from AppleTV. In this case the video shows on the library screen but doesn't respond in any way when you move the cursor over the image. I can't access any of the options, like "get info" and I can't delete it from the library. So I removed all traces of it from the computer but it still shows on the library screen. I no longer use Apple TV to view video files because the program handles the meta data in a most bizarre fashion. Changing it if you move the file to a new or different library. I had a collection of hundreds of TV Shows converted to Home Video files because I moved them to a new library. In any case, I still use the program to create the files because it does allow one to include the meta data in a useful way. So is there a way to remove the video file from the library? There is no file with that name on my computer.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 5, 2023 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2023 1:39 PM

Purchases from the iTunes Store (movies to TV shows) stay linked to your account and can’t be deleted. If wanted, you can hide select content, to not show in the library on any of your devices. Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support. You will have to manage this on a computer.

Other video files in your library on Mac should be deletable. Library items without valid link to a local media files should likewise be deletable. Do a control-click or right-click on the tile for a contextual menu, then choose Delete.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2023 1:39 PM in response to Mr. Bacon

Purchases from the iTunes Store (movies to TV shows) stay linked to your account and can’t be deleted. If wanted, you can hide select content, to not show in the library on any of your devices. Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support. You will have to manage this on a computer.

Other video files in your library on Mac should be deletable. Library items without valid link to a local media files should likewise be deletable. Do a control-click or right-click on the tile for a contextual menu, then choose Delete.

Can't remove video from Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.