Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make Home Videos default to List View in the TV app?

This question refers to the TV app on my laptop computer not the Apple TV app for streaming, etc. I have a M1 MacBook Pro (2020) running OS 12.0 (Monterey), TV app (version 1.2.0.184). When I add content to my TV app library, such as YouTube downloads, it initially loads into my Home Videos category which is displayed in Grid view. I change the view to List, to sort and organize them and everything seems fine. When I then import another lot a a later time, the Home Videos category doesn't remember my preference and reverts back to Grid view. In older Mac OS versions it locked the view to whatever you set it on but in this version it wants to revert to Grid view. How do I get it to default to List view permanently?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 8:14 AM

Hello ltc_bob,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you want to know how to make your home videos default to list view in the TV app. We'd like to help!

Are these the steps that you followed? Apple TV app > Library tab > View > as List. 

If you do these steps and then quit the app, does it open in List view or does it default back to Grid list?

When you click on a Genre on the left side and then choose View it will not give you the List view it will only give the Grid view.

We want to provide the Apple TV App User Guide for macOS Monterey hopefully you'll find the information that you need. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2022 8:14 AM in response to ltc_bob

Hello ltc_bob,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you want to know how to make your home videos default to list view in the TV app. We'd like to help!

Are these the steps that you followed? Apple TV app > Library tab > View > as List. 

If you do these steps and then quit the app, does it open in List view or does it default back to Grid list?

When you click on a Genre on the left side and then choose View it will not give you the List view it will only give the Grid view.

We want to provide the Apple TV App User Guide for macOS Monterey hopefully you'll find the information that you need. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

How do I make Home Videos default to List View in the TV app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.