Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movies listed in my library in AppleTV app on Mac OS do not appear in the Library list of movies on my TV through through an Apple TV device

All the movies that I bought show up in the Movies library on my Apple Mac with latest OS.

Problem 1: In the iMac app, some of the movies do not have artwork. The movies without artwork seem to have all the functionality except the artwork - I can play them on my computer.

Problem 2: The movies without artwork on my computer don't appear in the Movies library on my TV (connected via Apple TV device). All the other movies with artwork in my computer library are listed.

Solved Problem 1: It appears as if movies with artwork in "portrait" format do not have artwork displayed as opposed to the landscape format of the movie icons. Removing these movies from the library (not deleting the files, only removing from library) and re-importing them fixed the problem. It takes a while for the artwork to update after the import and some did not update after a long time and when I then removed the movie from the library again (not deleting the file) the artwork appeared within seconds without removing it from the library - bizarre but it worked)

Unsolved Problem 2: Solving problem 1 above did not solve the problem of seeing the movies in my movie library on my TV via Apple TV device even though the problems seemed to be related. I would like to have help with this.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 6:54 AM

The Library in the TV app or Movies app on Apple TV reflects only iTunes Store purchases on the currently active account. Other video files imported into the library on your Mac would not be there. To see those local files on the Apple TV box, you can use Home Sharing, which uses the Computers app on Apple TV as player software.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2021 6:54 AM in response to ocinvdm

The Library in the TV app or Movies app on Apple TV reflects only iTunes Store purchases on the currently active account. Other video files imported into the library on your Mac would not be there. To see those local files on the Apple TV box, you can use Home Sharing, which uses the Computers app on Apple TV as player software.

Aug 29, 2021 2:26 PM in response to ocinvdm

To access Home Sharing content (downloaded media files), use the Computers app. Do you see all those titles then, for which there is a linked media file in the Library in the TV app on Mac? Library entries not linked to a local file (“missing”) may be omitted. (Links can get lost if you move media files to a different disk.)

Movies listed in my library in AppleTV app on Mac OS do not appear in the Library list of movies on my TV through through an Apple TV device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.