Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail mailbox problem with system not marking emails as read and problem with deleting emails

09/18'2019: Have MacOS Sierra version 10.12.6: Having problem with Mac Mail on Mac Airbook. After reading a new email it remains marked as unread. After deleting a read or unread email it remains in the inbox. If I use the pull down menu option a read email can be marked as read. Pull down menu can also be used to send email to Trash folder. Problem is that these things used to happen without using pull down menus. Problem started out of the blue a few days ago.

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 8:24 AM

4 replies

Sep 18, 2019 8:49 AM in response to 2211moj2211

See if it is the same when you boot into the Safe Mode.

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Sep 20, 2019 5:35 AM in response to Eric Root

In Safe mode the Mac Mail problem persisted. I decided to use Time Machine and restore an earlier version of my hard drive. This appears to have worked except for one think -- the email quantity counter in the Dock is now counting each email twice so that when i have one new email it shows 2. This may be caused by the email forwarding instructions i set up with my two main email accounts. So I'll check that out. Thanks for your help.

Mac Mail mailbox problem with system not marking emails as read and problem with deleting emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.