Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I upload photos on a portable hard drive to my iCloud account?

I have been using a portable hard drive to store my photos (now over 50,000 files) and now I want to upload the photos to my iCloud account (plenty of space 2TB). I have a MacBook Pro laptop and I am using Mojave operating system. Plenty of space on my laptop hard drive too.

MacBook

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Sep 18, 2019 12:47 PM in response to mariofromhuntingtonbeach

If you want to keep them synced, reopen Photos with the option/alt key held down and create a new system Library on the external drive. Import all the photos into the Library and allow them to sync to iCloud. If you then want to switch to the Library on the computer, reopen Photos with the option/alt key held down, and select the Library on the computer. You may want to turn off iCloud syncing before selecting the Library on the internal hard drive to prevent all the photos on the external from syncing to the internal drive.

How can I upload photos on a portable hard drive to my iCloud account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.