Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On using a macbook pro when ask for When you’re prompted, enter an administrator name and password what do you do if it was never set up?.

On using a macbook pro for the first using the migration assistant when ask for When you’re prompted, enter an administrator name and password what do you do if it was never set up?.

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 12:36 PM

As I understand your question, you have a brand new Mac that has never been configured with any User Accounts. When asked if you wanted to transfer information, you answered yes—a good choice.

From that Apple Support document,

It seems to me that Migration Assistant is asking for that PC's User Account credentials, but I know little to nothing about Windows PCs. If the above link doesn't help, it's a good excuse to Contact Support and ask them for step-by-step instructions. That service is free with the purchase of a new Mac, and it's the kind of question they enjoy answering.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2019 12:36 PM in response to quag

As I understand your question, you have a brand new Mac that has never been configured with any User Accounts. When asked if you wanted to transfer information, you answered yes—a good choice.

From that Apple Support document,

It seems to me that Migration Assistant is asking for that PC's User Account credentials, but I know little to nothing about Windows PCs. If the above link doesn't help, it's a good excuse to Contact Support and ask them for step-by-step instructions. That service is free with the purchase of a new Mac, and it's the kind of question they enjoy answering.

On using a macbook pro when ask for When you’re prompted, enter an administrator name and password what do you do if it was never set up?.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.