Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost video and pictures

I was trying to free up space on my phone, by using the cloud. Checked the cloud and all 144 of my videos were there, so I deleted them from the phone. Checked my data, and realized that I needed to empty the recently deleted file. Imagine my shock when I saw that everything I thought would remain on the cloud disappeared before my eyes. I thought the cloud kept what you put on it. I’m so upset. I had video of my nephew as a baby, and my favorite dog Sophie who passed away last year. Is there any way to get them back?

iPhone 6

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 12:55 PM

That is how it works when you sync to icloud. Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support Read link.

You recover from an external back up that you made.

6 replies

Sep 18, 2019 1:51 PM in response to Leahnpc

Per the link that you read - if you sync photos to icloud - then its not part of the icloud backup. Read the part about backing up your data.

Backing up and sycning to icloud are 2 different things. You can use google to find out about backing up to icloud.

and I stated in my original response you recover your data from an external backup that you would've made, like to a computer or disc/thumb drive.

Face reality your pictures/videos are gone.

Lost video and pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.