📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't login to iCloud on Apple TV 3rd gen

I just had to restore my old Apple TV (A1427), and now it will not let me login to iCloud. It asks for my username, then password, and then I get the security code on all my other devices. I enter it on the Apple TV, and then I get the error that my password is incorrect, and that I need to reset it. My password is not incorrect, since I was able to login to the iTunes store just fine, as well my iCloud account on my computer just now. And also, when I entered the password, I got the verification code on all my other devices.

I know that in older versions of the tv software you had to go back and append the verification code to the password and enter it again, but this time I was always being presented with a new screen specifically for the verification code after I entered the password. I've tried this about a dozen times now, with the same result - any advice? Thanks!

Apple TV

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 8:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 11:04 AM

HI there Charles E. Muntz,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! Based on the details you've provided, you're having an issue signing in to iCloud on your Apple TV 3rd generation. I can help provide you with guidance.

I would like to have you follow each step below, being sure to test for resolution by attempting to sign in after each step is complete:

If the sign in issue remains, I would like to have you reach out for further support here: Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 19, 2019 11:04 AM in response to Charles E. Muntz

HI there Charles E. Muntz,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! Based on the details you've provided, you're having an issue signing in to iCloud on your Apple TV 3rd generation. I can help provide you with guidance.

I would like to have you follow each step below, being sure to test for resolution by attempting to sign in after each step is complete:

If the sign in issue remains, I would like to have you reach out for further support here: Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care!

Can't login to iCloud on Apple TV 3rd gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.