Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Older Model Apple TV Home Sharing Computer Issue

I setup my older model Apple TV (2nd gen) to my new TV. When I tried to access my music and home movies on my computer, I ran into an iCloud Apple ID and password login problem. I use my iCloud account ID and password to login and when I do, I'm sent a verification code to add to my password which I have to enter again. Each time I do this, my account won't accept it. How do you append a verification code to your apple id password if there are no new fields to enter it in?

Need help with this,

Rod

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 3:05 PM

Thanks for your timely response. However, I found a post that helped me to solve my problem. You were right in your analysis that I needed to enter the passcode right after entering my password. However, I didn't realize that the passcode has a timer on it and if not entered before the passcode 30 sec time runs out, your login will fail. According to the post I read, before I submit the password, I should request a new passcode manually through menu item Password and Security on my Iphone. Once I followed these instructions, it worked for me and now all is well and I've learned something new.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2021 3:05 PM in response to brianj123

Thanks for your timely response. However, I found a post that helped me to solve my problem. You were right in your analysis that I needed to enter the passcode right after entering my password. However, I didn't realize that the passcode has a timer on it and if not entered before the passcode 30 sec time runs out, your login will fail. According to the post I read, before I submit the password, I should request a new passcode manually through menu item Password and Security on my Iphone. Once I followed these instructions, it worked for me and now all is well and I've learned something new.

Jul 29, 2021 9:14 AM in response to roderick58

Hello roderick58,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you are looking for some information regarding logging into your Apple ID with Two Factor Authentication enabled. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

To start, we'd like to get a bit more information on the device you are using when trying to log in to your Apple ID and it is asking for that verification code. When you are trying to log in, are you doing this from a Mac or a PC? When you are prompted to enter in your Apple ID and password, is there any additional text in the popup box that provides further direction on where to enter the code? Some older versions of macOS require the verification code that you are sent to be entered in the same line as the password. For example, when prompted to enter the password again after you get that verification code sent to you, you would enter it right after your passcode like this: "[password][verification code]"

Keep us updated on how it goes and what displays in the pop up when it asks you to enter the passcode again after getting the verification code.

Cheers.

Older Model Apple TV Home Sharing Computer Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.