Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t enter verification code on Apple TV

just added my 1st gen Apple TV to my new tv and can’t get my iCloud password to work. There’s no place to enter verification code. Where am I suppose to add this?

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 12:41 AM

Are you sure about the model? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If your Apple TV is a 4" black box, then it is at least 2nd generation.

The Apple TV (1st generation) doesn’t have access to the iTunes Store anymore. The Apple TV (1st generation) doesn’t sync with modern versions of iTunes anymore. It really is obsolete.

Older models Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation) do require an adjusted sign-in procedure, when there is two-factor authentication for your Apple ID account. Please see: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250420575

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2020 12:41 AM in response to Dev313

Are you sure about the model? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If your Apple TV is a 4" black box, then it is at least 2nd generation.

The Apple TV (1st generation) doesn’t have access to the iTunes Store anymore. The Apple TV (1st generation) doesn’t sync with modern versions of iTunes anymore. It really is obsolete.

Older models Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation) do require an adjusted sign-in procedure, when there is two-factor authentication for your Apple ID account. Please see: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250420575

Jan 4, 2020 10:41 PM in response to Dev313

Dev313 Said:

Can’t enter verification code on Apple TV: just added my 1st gen Apple TV to my new tv and can’t get my iCloud password to work. There’s no place to enter verification code. Where am I suppose to add this?

———-

Try this:

Use the Apple TV App For Apple TV 1:

Go Here:

Can’t enter verification code on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.