Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts

I'm unable to delete podcasts by swiping left to right

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 8:32 PM

7 replies

Sep 20, 2019 11:41 AM in response to cathielacey

I was hoping that your reply would be more informative, rather than "episode did not delete".

What did happen, what message did you see? For example:

• when you tried swiping from right to left as I suggested (instead of left to right), did the Delete option appear? If it didn't what did happen?
  • when you tied tapping-and-holding on the episode, did the pop-up menu appear? If it did, was there an option to Remove the episode, or was there an option to Delete from Library? Note the difference between these two options, as mentioned in my previous post

It's quite a simple command for an iPod Touch, so it's difficult to imagine why it doesn't work when you try my suggestions. That's why I asked for details about what happens.

Sep 19, 2019 11:56 AM in response to cathielacey

You need to swipe from the right to the left.

Alternatively, if you tap-and-hold on an episode, a pop-up menu appears with (among other options) Remove. It has a bin (trash bin) icon to the right of the word "remove". Tap Remove. If the pop-up menu has Delete from Library rather than "remove", it means that that episode is not actually on your iPhone. In this case, another option on the menu will be Download Episode. There will be a cloud icon next to those episodes.

Podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.