Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer Photos Library and albums to an external drive

Transfer Library and albums to an external drive

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 9:55 AM

1 - I wish to transfer/copy photos by album to an external drive.
2 - Additionally I want the complete library transferred/copied to the external drive.
3 - I want to retrieve these photos onto an macbook or ipad. I'm using an iMac c/w high Sierra Ver. 10.13.6

1 - where are the photos currently? Are they in an album in an iPhoto or Photos library? If so what version of iPhoto or Photos is it?

2 - made sure the external HD is formatted as shown in this screenshot:

Then drag the library to the EHD to copy it to the EHD.

3 - do you want the photo in a Photos library on the MacBook or iPad or do you want them as just image files in folders?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2019 9:55 AM in response to Bubble burner

1 - I wish to transfer/copy photos by album to an external drive.
2 - Additionally I want the complete library transferred/copied to the external drive.
3 - I want to retrieve these photos onto an macbook or ipad. I'm using an iMac c/w high Sierra Ver. 10.13.6

1 - where are the photos currently? Are they in an album in an iPhoto or Photos library? If so what version of iPhoto or Photos is it?

2 - made sure the external HD is formatted as shown in this screenshot:

Then drag the library to the EHD to copy it to the EHD.

3 - do you want the photo in a Photos library on the MacBook or iPad or do you want them as just image files in folders?

Transfer Photos Library and albums to an external drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.