Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I auto-fill shopping list with ingredients from recipe template

I have Mojave 10.14.5 and using Numbers 6.1

I am using the Recipe template that also includes a shopping list (table). The recipe template scales the recipe based on the number of servings.

What it does not do is automatically fill the shopping list (separate table on the same sheet) with the listed ingredients. Those have to be entered manually. Is there a simple formula for referencing the individual ingredients in the recipe over to the shopping list?

In your responses, keep in mind, I am a very basic spreadsheet user.

This is the template. The column/cells listing ingredients on both tables is in text format.

Thanks

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 8:25 AM

Resolved . . . I figured it out. The shopping list cells were formatted as text, thereby not allowing me to create a formula that would bring the ingredients over to the shopping list table. When I changed the format to Automatic, I was able to create a formula in shopping list table that references the ingredients in the recipe template.

If anyone can explain it better than I did here, please feel free to do so for the next person who might need more details.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2019 8:25 AM in response to ynkeecajun

Resolved . . . I figured it out. The shopping list cells were formatted as text, thereby not allowing me to create a formula that would bring the ingredients over to the shopping list table. When I changed the format to Automatic, I was able to create a formula in shopping list table that references the ingredients in the recipe template.

If anyone can explain it better than I did here, please feel free to do so for the next person who might need more details.

How do I auto-fill shopping list with ingredients from recipe template

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.