Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Metronome bleeds into guitar track

Recording acoustic guitar through an Antelope Zen Tour interface. The click is visible on the meter and is audible in the headphones... no other monitor in use. I looked through every recording and other preference for some way to eliminate this but I'm not finding anything. I tend to rush most things I play, so need that click.

Thoughts and suggestions, please.

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 9:13 AM

The click is visible on the meter and is audible in the headphones

That is the point of the click, if you think of it. What if you switch off the click during playback ? Is it still there ? What makes you think it is embedded in the guitar track ? Is it visible there ? Does it finally go away when you mute the guitar track ? If so, maybe you have routed the output back to the input in your interface's software.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2019 9:13 AM in response to lfy9999

The click is visible on the meter and is audible in the headphones

That is the point of the click, if you think of it. What if you switch off the click during playback ? Is it still there ? What makes you think it is embedded in the guitar track ? Is it visible there ? Does it finally go away when you mute the guitar track ? If so, maybe you have routed the output back to the input in your interface's software.

Sep 19, 2019 9:24 AM in response to fuzzfilth

The click is not enabled for playback, recording only, but is clearly audible on the guitar track during playback.. Only the guitar track. It's also visible by input meter pulses in both Logic mixer window and the Zen Tour screen meter.

Not sure about routing. I changed the click output to unused output channel numbers to no effect.

Appreciate your reply.

Sep 19, 2019 12:10 PM in response to lfy9999

I take it you are micing the acoustic guitar up? If the click is loud in your headphones it will bleed down the mic. What I do is add a midi track and make my own click track with a much softer tone. A cabasa or something. That and mic positioning can eliminate the click bleeding onto the acoustic guitar track(s).

Metronome bleeds into guitar track

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.