Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the most recent contacts I have added to my iphone 8 plus are duplicating up to 15 times. why is it doing thiis and how can I stop it?

My iPhone 8 Plus is duplicating some of my contacts up to 15 times. It is only with the most recent contacts I have added. Is anyone else having the same problem and know how to correct it?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 8:46 AM

Contacts are not stored locally on an iPhone. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

1. How many Contacts account (email client server) you have?
  2. What is your default Contacts Account?
  3. Which email account you are using to store Contacts?

• See the GIF below for Contacts and Default Account

• Learn how to add an email account and make it default (Watch the GIF)
  • This example is for Gmail but the process remains same for all Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2019 8:46 AM in response to Mindylu68

Contacts are not stored locally on an iPhone. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

1. How many Contacts account (email client server) you have?
  2. What is your default Contacts Account?
  3. Which email account you are using to store Contacts?

• See the GIF below for Contacts and Default Account

• Learn how to add an email account and make it default (Watch the GIF)
  • This example is for Gmail but the process remains same for all Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

the most recent contacts I have added to my iphone 8 plus are duplicating up to 15 times. why is it doing thiis and how can I stop it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.