Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want is to include iPhoto's captioning feature in Photo

All I want is to include iPhoto's captioning feature in Photo.

I know I have company; I've tried to go through Apple support; even have an acquaintance who works for Apple; all to no avail.

My slide shows are useless unless I can retain the captions, and add captions to my new work.

ADD CAPTIONING TO PHOTO, please!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 11:09 AM

With Photos you can manually add captions to each slide by selecting the slide and clicking on the "+" button at the far right of the slide tray and entering the text in the box that comes up:

You can change the color of the text by selecting it and using the Edit ➙ Font ➙ Show Colors menu option.

Select the color and close the color window.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2019 11:09 AM in response to GuyRowley

With Photos you can manually add captions to each slide by selecting the slide and clicking on the "+" button at the far right of the slide tray and entering the text in the box that comes up:

You can change the color of the text by selecting it and using the Edit ➙ Font ➙ Show Colors menu option.

Select the color and close the color window.

Sep 22, 2019 10:08 AM in response to GuyRowley

As mentioned above, I'm looking for allies to pressure Apple to restore/add a very useful function to Photo.

Polls and petitions are not allowed here in Apple's forums. It is against the Terms of use, but I second your request. It is a lot of wasted work and error prone to have to copy and paste all titles manually to title slides.

My work-around is to use an Apple Script that will send a message with the title of the photo, the. date, and the location to the Notification Center, whenever a new slide is shown, see: Script: A Slideshow With Titles and Locations and Dates in Photos

You could try to write a similar script and modify it according to your needs.

For the time being you could export the photos from Photos and create your slideshow as an iPhoto project,

Sep 22, 2019 9:40 AM in response to markwmsn

Thanks for responses.

I've already addressed the issue to Apple as best I can; looking for allies to help with the effort.

Old Toad: My pics are already labelled with 'Titles'; iPhoto allows these to be included as 'Captions', for all the images at a time, with one click; remove them also if desired, one click.

These captions effectively narrate a slide show, helping with memories, re-viewing, sharing.

As mentioned above, I'm looking for allies to pressure Apple to restore/add a very useful function to Photo.

I want is to include iPhoto's captioning feature in Photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.