Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing slideshows in Photos

Is it possible to have a slide appear without text at first, then have text appear? It seems like I've done this in the past (perhaps in iPhotos?), but I can't see how to do it now in Photos. I thought of duplicating the photo I want to treat this way, but the 'Duplicate' photo option in the Image menu is greyed out.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 3:00 PM

Yes, you can.

1 - Control (right) - click on the first slide Text area in the photo tray and select Delete from the contextual menu.

2 - select the photo you want to add text to and click on the circle button at the far right of the photo tray and select Add Text.

You will be limited to the font and text color that the chosen theme provides.

An alternative that allows you to choose the text font, see and color is to edit the slide and use the Markup feature (like in Preview).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2022 3:00 PM in response to MCristina

Yes, you can.

1 - Control (right) - click on the first slide Text area in the photo tray and select Delete from the contextual menu.

2 - select the photo you want to add text to and click on the circle button at the far right of the photo tray and select Add Text.

You will be limited to the font and text color that the chosen theme provides.

An alternative that allows you to choose the text font, see and color is to edit the slide and use the Markup feature (like in Preview).

Editing slideshows in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.