Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to change my Apple Support Communities user name.

I've read in the communities that only a host can change my user name for me. How would I go about doing that? Thanks!

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 11:54 AM

For future reference, once you reach Level 2 on the communities you can report things to a host.

Build your reputation and get rewarded in the community - "Explore and participate at Apple Support Communities to earn points, levels, and awards."

https://support.apple.com/HT209033

11 replies

Sep 24, 2019 8:05 PM in response to exquirentibus

The hosts used to never, ever change a user ID unless you really could convince them there was a very good privacy or security or obscenity reason why it needed changing. Seeing a name change was really a very rare thing. They seem to have loosened up a bit on doing it now but it can get confusing, particularly if somebody uses your old name in a reply to you and somebody is reading the topic after your name has been changed and the new person is left wonder, "What? Who's that?"

I need to change my Apple Support Communities user name.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.