Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'open photos to see your photos in this list' already system library

Hi folks,

My mac is set up with icloud photos enabled, and the photos library is already set as the system library. Nonetheless, whenever i try to access photos from another app - eg, chrome or safari - i still get the "open photos to see your photos in this list" message (which doesn't do anything)

any advice? i've seen people say to leave photos running overnight to update and make sure images are downloaded, so i tried that and nothing has happened - all my pictures are downloaded, so they are somewhere on my mac, i just can't get to them through that finder window!

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 12:47 PM

Bizarrely the email for this went into spam but oh well.

right you are - when i try to do that, i get what you see in the above screenshots. i've discovered though that it's not an issue in every app; it works only in safari, but not chrome, mail, office apps, discord... etc.

the library is located in Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ myname⁩ ▸ ⁨Pictures⁩, where it is by default; i've not moved it.

I'm on Mojave 10.14.6, and the latest photos 4.0

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2019 12:47 PM in response to Old Toad

Bizarrely the email for this went into spam but oh well.

right you are - when i try to do that, i get what you see in the above screenshots. i've discovered though that it's not an issue in every app; it works only in safari, but not chrome, mail, office apps, discord... etc.

the library is located in Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ myname⁩ ▸ ⁨Pictures⁩, where it is by default; i've not moved it.

I'm on Mojave 10.14.6, and the latest photos 4.0

'open photos to see your photos in this list' already system library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.