Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13 - “Photos” app problem - shutdown app

I just updated to iOS 13 and when I am entering the photos application and try to scroll fast and very fast, the application it’s shutting down for no reason. I tried in dark mode and light mode also this and it’s doing the same thing over and over again. Also, I discovered that it happens only in 3 pictures per row and one per row. Also I did restarted twice my iPhone 8 Plus. I filmed everything but I cannot upload a video or I don’t know how..

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 11:36 AM

Hi ciprian27,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble with the Photos app unexpectedly quitting. I’m happy to help.

To start, I suggest force quitting the app and seeing if the issue persists:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If that doesn’t help, and the issue only started after updating your software, I suggest reinstalling iOS. While this shouldn’t remove any of your data, I suggest creating a backup first:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

To reinstall iOS, you’ll want to refer to the steps in the article below under the section labeled “Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again”:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2019 11:36 AM in response to ciprian27

Hi ciprian27,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble with the Photos app unexpectedly quitting. I’m happy to help.

To start, I suggest force quitting the app and seeing if the issue persists:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If that doesn’t help, and the issue only started after updating your software, I suggest reinstalling iOS. While this shouldn’t remove any of your data, I suggest creating a backup first:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

To reinstall iOS, you’ll want to refer to the steps in the article below under the section labeled “Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again”:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers.

iOS 13 - “Photos” app problem - shutdown app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.