Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos app keeps crashing on iOS 15.0.2 (iphone SE 2020)

Since updating to ios 15.0.2 my photos app has crashed almost every time I try to open it. I have turned off and on the phone and then deleted and reinstalled the app, but neither of those fixed the problem. I have also reset my home screen apps to see if that solved the issue, but it did not. And then, sometimes opening the app will randomly work. Unfortunately, whenever I close the app, I run into this issue again. More often than not, the photos app does NOT open.

Behavior: After tapping the photos app, the app will look like it opens, but then disappears. I can double tap the home button and see it is running, but whenever I try to switch to it, it closes. Sometimes the app doesn't open at all and nothing shows up when I double tap the home button. I get the same behavior when trying to open the app from the search screen.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 2:30 PM

Update to ios15.1 using a Mac or a computer with iTunes

1 reply

Photos app keeps crashing on iOS 15.0.2 (iphone SE 2020)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.