Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Card doesn't work almost everywhere

My Apple credit card doesn't work almost everywhere: Ralphs supermarket, Nordstrom, Macys. So far I used it only to pay for coffee in Starbucks.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 4:00 AM

I have the same issue when using Apple Pay with the Apple Card. I have not used the actual physical card. Eddie Bauer, and Sports Clips didn't work where many of the grocery stores, Walgreens, and coffee shops worked perfectly. When it didn't work after a few attempts, I still paid using Apple Pay, but using a Capital One card instead. I contacted support, and they said it may be due to the vendor's system. Eddie Bauer's system actually said declined on the machine. Goldman Sachs said they didn't see any logs for my failed transactions.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2019 4:00 AM in response to askbarnabas

I have the same issue when using Apple Pay with the Apple Card. I have not used the actual physical card. Eddie Bauer, and Sports Clips didn't work where many of the grocery stores, Walgreens, and coffee shops worked perfectly. When it didn't work after a few attempts, I still paid using Apple Pay, but using a Capital One card instead. I contacted support, and they said it may be due to the vendor's system. Eddie Bauer's system actually said declined on the machine. Goldman Sachs said they didn't see any logs for my failed transactions.

Sep 28, 2019 9:45 AM in response to vahebalayan

Unfortunately I can't offer assistance; but I can assure you that I've discovered that not all retail terminals are equal. Even if they accept Apple Pay it does not mean they accept all forms of Apple Pay.

For example, I've been in stores where Apple Cash via Apple Pay is not accepted but all other forms of Apple Pay (Visa) work fine. Then there's another store I go to regularly where it's very spotty: sometimes Apple Pay simple does not work at all, sometimes only certain cards work or sometimes everything works perfectly.

Sadly I believe that these are due to the terminal manufactures. Even worse is some of the poorly functioning terminals are brand new "upgraded" systems!

My Apple Card doesn't work almost everywhere

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.