Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore/Reinstalling MacOs

Hello. I'm trying to restore the OS on my iMac, but each time I try and go into recovery mode, I am stuck at the screen where it asks for my wifi network. I type it in, and it just stops with a spinning globe and my wifi network. I'm unable to get into recovery mode or reinstall anything. Can someone help?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 2:30 PM

I have a similar problem. After installing Catalina on my December 2018 Mac Mini, my display has taken a pinkish/purple hue (no issue when mirroring my iPhone so it’s not the display). Possibly the HDMI management under Catalina. Either way, I tried to restore Mojave from the last Time Machine backup. After some failed attempts where an error message said the external disk got disconnected (I never touched it), I tried again and let it run overnight. In the morning, no response. It must’ve done something more. Now when I try to restart with Command-R or Shift-Option-Command-R, I get the spinning globe, the internet connection prompt, and despite the Ethernet connection, still end up with the hollowed out globe, overplayed by the exclamation mark in a triangle, below which is “Apple.com/support” and an error code, either -2003F or -1008F.

I’m stumped!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2019 2:30 PM in response to den.thed

I have a similar problem. After installing Catalina on my December 2018 Mac Mini, my display has taken a pinkish/purple hue (no issue when mirroring my iPhone so it’s not the display). Possibly the HDMI management under Catalina. Either way, I tried to restore Mojave from the last Time Machine backup. After some failed attempts where an error message said the external disk got disconnected (I never touched it), I tried again and let it run overnight. In the morning, no response. It must’ve done something more. Now when I try to restart with Command-R or Shift-Option-Command-R, I get the spinning globe, the internet connection prompt, and despite the Ethernet connection, still end up with the hollowed out globe, overplayed by the exclamation mark in a triangle, below which is “Apple.com/support” and an error code, either -2003F or -1008F.

I’m stumped!

Restore/Reinstalling MacOs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.