Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad Pro (first generation) shuts down when plugged out

Ever since I installed the latest update last week, my iPad Pro shuts down as soon as it has been plugged out of the charger after a full recharge. I then have to plug it in again for it to restart, as it gives me the 'battery low' symbol, even though it's 100% charged. It was working again each time after I would do a hard reset, but this solution has stopped working (and it would shut down again anyway after being recharged fully again at the end of the day).

This issue also happened to me a few months ago after the previous iOS update, however the issue only lasted a few days and worked with the hard reset so I then forgot about it.

Any help at all would be really appreciated. Thanks!

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 11:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 11:26 PM

The newest iPad iOS update is scheduled for next week on Tuesday, September 24, 2019. But take your iPad Pro to Apple Store, or Authorized Apple Service Provider to have it checked out. Somebody can let you know what's going on with your iPad Pro.

Similar questions

2 replies

My iPad Pro (first generation) shuts down when plugged out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.