Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possibly fake virus warning

Good morning everyone,

Once again may I pick your brains please? I have an iMac, a Macbook pro and a 5S iPhone. Everything works really well except when I log onto my daily read of the British Daily Telegraph newspaper on-line. I get this "your mac is infected with several viruses". But this only happens when I log on to the Daily Telegraph.

I have taken no action until I know if this is genuine or not. Is there any way I can verify and remove this possibly fake virus warning.

I have written to the Daily Telegraph asking them to check their end.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 11:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

8 replies

Sep 20, 2019 6:31 AM in response to tonyfrompontfarcy

This certainly does raise the question about the Daily Telegraph taking any pains to prevent their content, or linked content being infected with these SCAM redirects. They have to know the problem exists by now, and apparently are doing nothing about it. I would switch to another UK news site as an active means of quarantining the Daily Telegraph.

Oct 8, 2019 8:59 PM in response to KimO4

I call tech support and Sylvia was very helpful and we got rid of the issue! She took me through multiple steps to clean my computer malware. You'll need to go into System Preferences, Network, Advanced, Proxies and make sure all boxes are unchecked. Next clear off all your Login Items that are not familiar to you in your Users & Groups. Then clear out all/any "Profiles" that show up next to the Accessibility icon. Once I did all of that, she had me get Malwarebytes from Malwarebytes.com (free 14 day trial) and scanned my computer. No more stupid viruses!!

Possibly fake virus warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.