Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes will not install

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run."

I have had no iTunes for months because I cannot install it. I have googled and searched a lot of sites for answer but none of them have worked. I have erased iTunes manually and no matter what it will not install. Will I have to reset my computer in order to get itunes back or is there a fix for this BS?

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 11:47 PM

2 replies

Sep 20, 2019 5:09 PM in response to Psyinc

Hi Psyinc,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're having trouble installing iTunes to your PC and you're met with a "Windows Installer Package" error. I know how important it is to have iTunes on your computer to manage your media content and devices; I'd like to help. I'd recommend using the following resource to troubleshoot the error you see: If you see a 'Windows Installer package' error message when you try to reinstall or remove Apple software

Take Care!

Sep 25, 2019 11:47 AM in response to Psyinc

If the steps above haven't helped then for general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version as a workaround for installation or performance issues.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Itunes will not install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.