Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes won't install, despite deinstalling according to Apple's guide.

I tried to update iTunes as prompted by iTunes itself, but this failed with the message

"iTunes cannot run because some of its required files are missing. Please reinstall iTunes."

I tried to re-install using the Apple instructions, but after rebooting my Windows 10 PC the same error is displayed.

Is there an Apple tool that will give a more detailed analysis of the bug?

E.g. which file is missing.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 6:27 AM

i don’t think the link posted in my reply. Let’s try it again.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201668

Similar questions

5 replies

Sep 21, 2021 6:16 AM in response to alanrick

I could install and start it using my Windows Admin profile.

BUT using my normal user but starting iTunes with admin rights I got the message

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\xx....xx\iTunes.exe'

As a normal user I cannot access this folder either.

Seems to be that iTunes fails to handle authorizations properly while installing or de-installing.

But changing my user to admin (temporarily) didn't help either. Starting iTunes still fails with the message that required files are missing.

Sep 22, 2021 2:08 PM in response to 1AppL3User2AnotHER

Thanks. I’m fact that’s what I’d tried. And also the enclosed Microsoft instructions for iTunes removal. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/repair-apps-and-programs-in-windows-10-e90eefe4-d0a2-7c1b-dd59-949a9030f317

I‘m trying again following the whole procedure after promoting my user to admin and then I'll demote after the install.

Currently I'm waiting for iTunes to re-appear in the Microsoft App store - which makes me suspicious that there is indeed a bug connected with the update.

itunes won't install, despite deinstalling according to Apple's guide.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.