Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal Hotspot issues and not connecting on iPhone X iOS13

I am having issues connecting from my MacBook Pro 2018 to iPhone X iOS 13 to use the Personal Hotspot. The network connection does show as connected but drops every time after about 2 to 3 seconds. All help welcome.

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 2:01 AM

11 replies

Sep 22, 2019 10:03 AM in response to alexp3545

I have the same issue but it does connect but then loses connection within 20 seconds and tries to find another connection. I have deleted the hotspot out of my mac and set it up again, changed the password, disconnected and re-connected the bluetooth.

I don't know if this is iOS13 issue or Iphone 11 issue but worked perfectly till Friday morning when I changed my phone.

Sick of seeing replies saying 'this is a carrier issue' when clearly this is a apple issue as it worked perfectly before.

Sep 23, 2019 8:57 AM in response to Deskimo

Deskimo wrote:

I have this issue too (Personal Hotspot appears to connect for maybe 30 seconds then drops out) and I can connect via USB cable fine. Started happening after i upgraded to iOS13 (on IPhoneX) - also latest OSX. (MacBookPro13,2)

So, you have no issue using the hotspot with USB and when using only via

WiFi? Or are you saying the USB connection itself is fine but still have

hotspot issues?

Personal Hotspot issues and not connecting on iPhone X iOS13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.