Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery suddenly shows "Replace Now" for brand new MacBook Pro 2019 TouchBar

Hello,

I purchased my MacBook Pro 2019 two weeks ago and everything was working fine until a day ago when it showed the battery could not charge.

I have already tried resetting the SMC (4 times) but the issue is still there. I cant charge the MacBook and the battery is stuck at 94% but when I remove the charger it goes off immediately.

I have attached a screenshot of the battery cycle count and it shows 21 but it shows the battery is not charged at all, and the condition shows replace now.

Is there any solution or I simply replace it using AppleCare+?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 2:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 5:56 AM

If you are near to an Apple Store you could book an appointment to take it in.

Due to the newness of your Mac it will still be under the normal warranty let alone AppleCare.

Other than it being faulty the only other thing would be a possible loose connection. This would involve removing the bottom case to check it. Even if visually seated properly it might be worth reseating it.

However with it in the warranty period I would just get Apple to look at it.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2019 5:56 AM in response to thecodebender

If you are near to an Apple Store you could book an appointment to take it in.

Due to the newness of your Mac it will still be under the normal warranty let alone AppleCare.

Other than it being faulty the only other thing would be a possible loose connection. This would involve removing the bottom case to check it. Even if visually seated properly it might be worth reseating it.

However with it in the warranty period I would just get Apple to look at it.

Sep 20, 2019 3:13 AM in response to thecodebender

Well you have 90 days free telephone support from apple so use that and see what they say. Or go back to where you bought it and see if the issue can be resolved by them replacing your MBP with a new replacement. Always be polite when arguing your case. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect an expensive piece of kit such as the MBP should be in perfect condition

when purchased.

Battery suddenly shows "Replace Now" for brand new MacBook Pro 2019 TouchBar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.