Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ms office 365 and adobe reader are 32 bit compatability on macbook air.what do i need to do?

i got a msg saying my ms office 365 will not work for long due to 32 bit non compatability.

what should i do to keep using it on my macbook air

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 9:33 AM

If you are currently subscribing to Office 365, all of your Office apps are already 64-bit. There shouldn't be anything you need to do in this case. Did you actually check to verify that they are 32-bit using System Information > Software > Applications, for example?

FWIW, I'm using Office 365, v16.29, which is 64-bit on my 2018 Mac mini that is currently running macOS Mojave 10.14.6

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2019 9:33 AM in response to SKK1950

If you are currently subscribing to Office 365, all of your Office apps are already 64-bit. There shouldn't be anything you need to do in this case. Did you actually check to verify that they are 32-bit using System Information > Software > Applications, for example?

FWIW, I'm using Office 365, v16.29, which is 64-bit on my 2018 Mac mini that is currently running macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Sep 20, 2019 2:19 PM in response to Tesserax

I rec'd a msg saying MS error report when I tried to close excel after using it.the msg then was about 32 bit incompatibility.i checked it through the apple icon procedure and it showed ms word,power point,excel etc and Adobe being 32 bit apps.?

So I asked the question?

Now the excel sheets I had saved do not seem to be saved after I work on it!

Dec 7, 2019 9:36 AM in response to SKK1950

My MS Office products have stop working after upgrading to Catalina. The solution people are suggesting is to buy the new office suite. I can't afford to, is there another solution? down grade my OS, but to what?

I have already spend hours i apple stores or in the online chat. I have a macbook pro mid 2012. I was on OS high sierra. I installed a new SSD Hard drive and extra ram. At the apple store they download Catalina. What is the OS before this? I could maybe try vs buying new office package.

thanks

my ms office 365 and adobe reader are 32 bit compatability on macbook air.what do i need to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.