Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch

Track daily activity

Wy concern is the exercise ring. When I punch in the Outside Walk the exercise ring does not record my walk, it it does it only records 3 to 9 min, when I've walked over a mile in 22 to 24 min - my average.

It is frustrating not being able to close my rings. When I walk without using the Outside Walk the exercise ring does move but sometime I have to tap the watch with my finger to get it to move.

Is there anything I can do to correct this problem?

Don

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 2:09 PM

Hello luckydog59,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that when you punch in Outside Walk the exercise ring doesn't record the walk and only records 3 to 9 minutes of it. I am happy to help.

Take a look at the article below and see if any of the steps provided in the document can help with getting more accurate measurements.

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch

You can also try to calibrate your watch as well.

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy

Keep me posted on your progress and have a great day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2019 2:09 PM in response to luckydog59

Hello luckydog59,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that when you punch in Outside Walk the exercise ring doesn't record the walk and only records 3 to 9 minutes of it. I am happy to help.

Take a look at the article below and see if any of the steps provided in the document can help with getting more accurate measurements.

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch

You can also try to calibrate your watch as well.

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy

Keep me posted on your progress and have a great day!

Sep 23, 2019 5:43 AM in response to raina_b22

Thank you for your help. I walk my dog and she is positioned on my left side (I wear my watch on the left hand) and I don't swing my arm a lot. I transferred my watch to my right hand and did my walk and the app worked as intended.

I inadvertently deleted the outside walk, and have been unsuccessful in retrieving it, can you help? What can I say, I'm an old man and I'm not up with all wonderful things these gadgets can do!

I appreciate your help

Thank You

lucky dog 59

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.