Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13 draining my battery

is anyone else’s battery draining with ios13

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 10:36 AM

62 replies

Oct 3, 2019 4:44 PM in response to Mads2000

Not true. My phone was fine before OS upgrade to iOS13 (ie IOS12.x). There is a bug in the power manager or the battery manager or some process/task that is draining power somewhere. Let's assume the phone has a battery capacity of 3000mAh. Now if my battery drains at 6%/minute (as per my video below) that would be a current of

3000mAh/60 = 1 minute of power at full power= 180mA. Assuming a 3.3V internal power rail, that's 0.594W (which you would feel as a temperature rise). I didn't feel the temperature rise but it may be there.

https://youtu.be/R40FmVpw2z0

Anyway whatever the issue there is a massive battery drain somewhere and Apple needs to fix it.

Oct 5, 2019 7:15 AM in response to Fborgia

I am having this problem with my Xs Max too since the update. I can fully charge my phone to 100% at 3 pm and when I wake up at 6 am, my phone is stone cold dead. That is not actively using my phone during those hours - I have a landline for calls and surf on my iPad.

Settings tells me my battery life is 100%. There were absolutely NO battery issues before the update. It is clearly related to the new iOS. It was a night and day difference.

The only app reported using the battery beyond 2% is my calendar- which is crazy high (80%) considering I don’t even use it on my phone. I have gone in and turned everything off that I can for my calendar and set it to sync only to 1 month back (my preference is to sync everything, but I can’t live with these battery issues).

I have changed all my display settings to what Apple recommends for battery issues. No impact on my battery.

I have done the soft reset every day at least once - pressing each volume button, followed by long press of the other side button until Apple logo appears.

Their clearly is a battery issue with the new iOS and I am beyond frustrated and how long Apple is taking to fix it.

Oct 6, 2019 6:35 AM in response to Fborgia

Yes, even after 13.1.2. I read on my iPad for 30-45' in bed, then put it on night stand. When I close it at night it is, say, 85% and when I wake up it is 35%. I called apples support and they didn't have a fix but are scheduled to call me back. The only way I can stop my iPad from draining battery power overnight is to shut it down.

Oct 9, 2019 6:24 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof

I have something very similar with my iPhone SE since downloading iOS 13. My battery drains very quickly.

It shows that apple mail is using up a lot of the battery, a completely disproportionate amount to the amount of time I've been on it. For example the battery will go from 100% down to 19%, it shows that 53% of the activity has been Mail, and yet I've only been on screen with that app for 2 mins, and not at all in background. Also it seems to have difficulty downloading some basic messages in mail and isn't always synching what's been read. It was fine before iOS 13. Oh yes and apple wallet no longer works from the closed screen. It's a real nuisance.

Oct 10, 2019 4:36 AM in response to Prudencedigsdeeper

I have experienced this with my SE since downloading the new OS last Sunday. In my case, the battery indicator shows fairly normal discharge over the course of the day, followed by a sudden drop to 0. The battery discharge graph shows this happening at about 8-9 hours of usage. My Transit App, appears to use a bit more battery than most, and I do open it around that time for my commute home, but no similar drop is apparent when I use it earlier on my way in. This is reminiscent of how my old 4S met its early demise four years ago - slow draining of the battery all day, followed by an abrupt drop to 0 with no warning.

iOS 13 draining my battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.