Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

Yesterday I started getting this error trying to access amazon.com on both Safari & Brave browsers.

Not using Parental Controls, checked host file, nothing there & nothing in Little Snitch rules. All other websites load fine and I have no idea what could have happened.

Using El Capitan on my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015).

Please may one of you Mac Gurus help???

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 4:35 PM

Old software and kernel add-ons and add-on security tools have a long history of various weirdness.

First, try Safe Mode. That disables various add-ons.

More complete... Back up, check that your printer and scanner vendors have drivers, check that your key apps work, upgrade to macOS High Sierra or to macOS Mojave, remove Little Snitch, remove any add-on anti-malware or add-on anti-virus that might be installed in addition to Little Snitch, reboot, and try again.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2019 4:35 PM in response to Jotto77

Old software and kernel add-ons and add-on security tools have a long history of various weirdness.

First, try Safe Mode. That disables various add-ons.

More complete... Back up, check that your printer and scanner vendors have drivers, check that your key apps work, upgrade to macOS High Sierra or to macOS Mojave, remove Little Snitch, remove any add-on anti-malware or add-on anti-virus that might be installed in addition to Little Snitch, reboot, and try again.

ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.