Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR

I’ve reinstalled apps and reset all privacy settings. But me XR won’t let any apps access my photos or microphone. Any ideas? For example I can go to my photos and share one to Facebook, but I can’t upload photos from within Facebook.

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 5:39 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Sep 22, 2019 11:51 AM in response to M1F1

Hey M1F1,

I see you have some concerns with the apps having access to the microphone and photo settings on the iPhone XR. I'll be happy to help out.

Go to Settings > Facebook, or any other app, to toggle on and allow access to the microphone or photos. If the setting is grayed out, make sure that you don't have restrictions set for the iPhone by going to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions. Make sure nothing here is preventing settings from being changed on the device. Learn more about Screen Time restrictions here: Use Screen Time to get insights about how you use your device

If the correct settings are on and the photo is still not uploading to Facebook, take a look at these steps for some help with the app: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open. While the title of the article appears to be for a different issue, the steps will still be helpful in your case.

Have a great day!

Sep 22, 2019 1:03 PM in response to cp from OH

The problem is that the option isn’t there - not at all. Not on the list and not greyed out.

I did the upgrade to iOS 13 hoping it would be fixed as apparently it’s a known issue, but no such luck.

I’ve also uninstalled and reinstalled apps,

and reset all privacy and location settings and that didn’t help.

I also have same issue with the microphone in a different app.

Sep 22, 2019 1:57 PM in response to M1F1

Hey M1F1,

Thanks for following back up. If you go to Settings > Privacy > Photos, do you see Facebook as an option here? If so, select it then select "Read and Write" and let us know if that changes anything. Also check Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions and make sure this is toggled off as a way to test if there are restrictions on the settings.

Keep us updated. Cheers!

iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.