Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fail to send messages

Why doesn’t my iPhone 6 send messages? I don’t have data

iPhone 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 10:21 AM

I have the same problem... iPhone 6s and text messages to certain people won't go out. I always get 'Message Send Failure.' I've tried a few different suggest ways I found online, but what seems to work each time, whereas the online suggestions did not, is to call the person (voice) and have them text me first (which is a real pain btw), and then I can text them back. Not sure why this works, but it has worked every time. I'd really rather Apple or someone tell me how to make my phone work other than "Turn this off, then turn that on, then Reboot the phone, then turn this back on, and that back off, and then see if you can send Messages." Seriously, that is almost exactly what it came to and even after getting my phone to work (but only some of the times) the next time I sent that same person a text, I had to start the whole sequence again. That is how I figured out the whole have them text me first thing. I was just about to try to get my phone to work for like the fifth time when 'they' texted me, and voila I could text them (for that session at least).

Thoughts?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2019 10:21 AM in response to Karenmedinaa

I have the same problem... iPhone 6s and text messages to certain people won't go out. I always get 'Message Send Failure.' I've tried a few different suggest ways I found online, but what seems to work each time, whereas the online suggestions did not, is to call the person (voice) and have them text me first (which is a real pain btw), and then I can text them back. Not sure why this works, but it has worked every time. I'd really rather Apple or someone tell me how to make my phone work other than "Turn this off, then turn that on, then Reboot the phone, then turn this back on, and that back off, and then see if you can send Messages." Seriously, that is almost exactly what it came to and even after getting my phone to work (but only some of the times) the next time I sent that same person a text, I had to start the whole sequence again. That is how I figured out the whole have them text me first thing. I was just about to try to get my phone to work for like the fifth time when 'they' texted me, and voila I could text them (for that session at least).

Thoughts?

Fail to send messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.