Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Play Offline Songs

Hi, for some reasons I can't play a few songs I store locally (offline) on my iPhone. There's this tick icon with "Downloaded" next to it on the top of the album view and if I tap some songs it will bring popup to subscribe to Music.

If I'm not mistaken these songs are the downloaded songs when I was subscribed to Music. Now I can't delete neither play it.

I transferred the songs from iTunes for Windows, and I can play these songs from the app with no problem.

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 2:17 AM

3 replies

Sep 21, 2019 8:21 AM in response to cliffflip

If I'm not mistaken these songs are the downloaded songs when I was subscribed to Music.

If you are no longer subscribed, then it is only correct that you are no longer able to play these tracks. That is how the subscription is supposed to work.

Now I can't delete neither play it.

Try following this guide to delete the unplayable music. Delete music from your device - Apple Support

Can't Play Offline Songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.