Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Arcade games drain battery way too much

Hello.

Whenever I play Apple Arcade games on my iPhone X, it very quickly becomes quite hot and battery drains as crazy! E.g., I've played tutorial of Gungeon for about 10 minutes and it drained 10% of battery. That doesn't seem right... 🤔

Any ideas why so?

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 2:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 3:22 AM

Remember your game isn't the only thing using your phone.

For the first 24 hours or so after an iOS upgrade, your phone will normally be busy and use battery at a higher rate as it needs to rebuild all of its internal databases.

Meanwhile, you can wait and see if iOS 13.1, which releases on the 24th, solves your issue.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2019 3:22 AM in response to Serzhas

Remember your game isn't the only thing using your phone.

For the first 24 hours or so after an iOS upgrade, your phone will normally be busy and use battery at a higher rate as it needs to rebuild all of its internal databases.

Meanwhile, you can wait and see if iOS 13.1, which releases on the 24th, solves your issue.

Sep 21, 2019 2:48 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof

Well, while this is generally true, but Apple Arcade games seem to drain battery much, much faster than any other game I've played (and I have a loooong gaming experience, since the iPhone 3G). E.g., The Witness is immensely graphically heavy game, Gungeon is nowhere near it, but even The Witness didn't make my iPhone X that hot nor drained battery 10% per 10 minutes... 😕

Sep 22, 2019 3:44 PM in response to Serzhas

I have exactly the same issue!

iPhone X updated to iOS 13 and with Apple Arcade games it drains so fast my battery that is terrible to use!

My phone gets really hot! I can't even play with the silicon case!

Somebody is having the same issue?

Just for reference, it happens in any Arcade game. In fact I was playing more Mini Motorways, and it gets obscene how it has a terrible battery consumption. nothing like Mini Metro or Binding of Isaac, other 2 games that I play and doesn't drain like any Apple Arcade game.

Sep 22, 2019 5:32 PM in response to Powerbacon

That's exactly my point! I play many other games, and some of them are very graphically intensive, but they work very well. But even the simplest Apple Arcade game seems to overload CPU/GPU and drain battery way beyond the common sense... In my opinion, games for the dedicated and highly currated gaming service should work BETTER, not worse (by much). I do have hopes 13.1 will improve things... 🤞

Sep 24, 2019 2:30 PM in response to Serzhas

I am having the exact same problem. It seems that it's just Apple Arcade games as I've tried a variety of them. I play tons of other games on my phone and none make my phone so hot or drain the battery so fast. After one session of Mini Motorways I'm down around 70 percent after a full charge. And if I play while plugged in I either barely keep up with charging or even sometimes lose ground. Like from 87 to 85.. while plugged in. It's not a battery age issue either as my phone (iPhone X) consistently lasts all day still.

Edit: I have had iOS 13 since launch. All the update work should be done and ironed out by now. I'm going to try 13.1 today after work and see if there's improvement.

Apple Arcade games drain battery way too much

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.