Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Arcade games running hot!

I have other game apps purchased thru Apple, but the Apple Arcade Games seem to go thru battery charge more than other stand alone titles & also run device (IPhone8) really hot within minutes. Could this be from extensive data exchange between device & the outside servers (that manage real time play, leaderboards,etc). I have been hooked on Apple Arc Skate lately, but after 10 minutes of play I can use my IPhone as a handwarmer! Not a huge issue but maybe troublesome. I expect some improvements or else I will drop subscription & purchase games a la carte.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 2:45 PM

The games are making heavy use of the GPU and CPU, and which’ll be warming up the device, and consuming battery.

That’s how these particular game apps are programmed, and entirely independent of the Apple Arcade subscription.

2 replies

Feb 28, 2020 4:49 AM in response to Geestar99

The more the graphics in the games the more the device uses the chips that were kept in it, GPU and processor! Where will these chips get power from? The battery. As they use more energy to run the game, battery gets drained. It's normal that devices get heated up by games and can be seen in non-apple devices too. Just remove the cover when it's gettin heated up to let it breath. Keep playing.... ;)

Apple Arcade games running hot!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.