Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can no longer synch photos to ipad, only folders

Until recently i could synch photos between my ipad and imac. Today that option has gone, when i turn on sync in itunes there is only the option to sync folders.

In another post I saw a suggestion to select my photo library as system library in itunes preferences, but that option is greyed out. I only have one photos library.

iOS 12.4.1, macOS 10.14.6, iTunes12.9.5.5.

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 5:48 AM

4 replies

Sep 23, 2019 8:46 AM in response to Colin Sutton

Hey, Colin.

I see that you're no longer able to sync your photos between your iPad and iMac. You're only able to sync folders, and I'm glad to help.

Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices -- If you've turned on iCloud Photos, your photos and videos should sync directly from iCloud to your Mac if you've turned on iCloud Photos there as well. Otherwise, you should still be able to sync your photos, and the steps are under "Sync your photos manually with iTunes".

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Can no longer synch photos to ipad, only folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.