Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attempting to sync photos manually with iTunes but no option to select Photos application

2018 MBP macOS 10.14.6, iTunes 12.9.5.5, iPhone8 iOS 12.4.1... the only option for "Copy photos from" is a Pictures folder and unable to select the Photos application. Why is there no option to sync directly from Photos?

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 6:42 PM

7 replies

Sep 15, 2019 3:38 PM in response to tty700

Thank you damaag, on your recommendation I double checked the iPhone, MBP, iPad Air & Watch.  iCloud Photo Library was and is off on all of the devices.  iTunes continues to not allow the option of selecting Photos for the "Copy photos from" field.  Also, the article you provided was very informative that I hope to put to good use once I get manual sync to operate.  :-)

Sep 15, 2019 9:52 PM in response to tty700

I guess the next step would be determined by a few things.

Did the photos come from another computer by syncing them over?

How many photos are there? 100 or less, 500, 10,000?

Honestly I’d do it the easy way and turn on the iCloud Photo Library and let it move them over.

After they are on your computer you can move a copy out of the iCloud Photo Library download area.

Hope me that helps.

Attempting to sync photos manually with iTunes but no option to select Photos application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.