Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Max screen terrible in grays on low light settings

So I’m trying to find out if this is an isolated issue or if this is even the phone for me. Several of the phones had debris under the glass and then last night on one of the ones that I thought was still good saw this on the screen with the discoloration on the lower levels on different apps that I was using with a gray background or in night mode. How can anyone read with this incredibly distracting discoloration going on as you’re scrolling through the pages or even worse taking pictures with night mode and it alters the way the photos look. It appears the screen brightness is at the lower end when happening.

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 11:34 AM

Really hard to tell anything from such n out-of-focus pictures. However, every iPhone I've ever owned has shown that sort of unevenness when displaying an all-black screen. Does it look that bad when in focus and filled with text and or/icons rather than just a big field of black/gray?

3 replies

Sep 21, 2019 11:38 AM in response to sallenmd

This isn’t a black screen. This is the update screen for the Philips hue app for the bridge and bulbs to check for updates. So it’s actually gray and I can’t get it to focus on the screen. But the color change is the point and that shows very clearly. Previous oled iPhones don’t exhibit this but it’s prevalent on white screens with the top being more red and the bottom being more blue.

Sep 21, 2019 10:12 PM in response to BarrettF77

Evidently the staff at the store have a different agenda than getting their customers a phone without defect. The first manager didn’t even bother to look at the device and see the white spots under the glass. The gray back ground discoloration was also ignored.

I was so disgusted at how this store manages itself and after driving 40 min both ways it really is irritating that is deemed acceptable.

Beginning to think I may revert back to our old devices and send the rest of the 4,000 in merchandise back to them.

this is too much money for them to think I’m going to just be ok with a two tone or even tri tone display on a solid color. How can you get accurate colors at night shooting with a display like this. Utterly disgusted with this Apple store.

iPhone 11 Pro Max screen terrible in grays on low light settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.