Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble adding Google account after upgrading to Safari 13.0

When I attempt to add a Google account, a notification pops up stating that Google requires additional authentication in order to add the account and provides an option to open in Safari. However, when Safari opens, nothing happens: no URL, no indication that it even attempted to do anything. I've tried force quitting Safari, restarting the computer, nothing seems to work at this point. It just sits there and does nothing.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 7:52 AM

This appears to be a bug in Safari 13. There have been multiple posts by people having the same problem.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner.

Safari Feedback

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2019 7:52 AM in response to adaxus

This appears to be a bug in Safari 13. There have been multiple posts by people having the same problem.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner.

Safari Feedback

Sep 21, 2019 10:20 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks. It seems to me that Apple software has taken a horrible turn for the worse. I find the macOS on my MacBook Air to be real garbage. Now, there’s a bug in Safari 13 and you can’t add a Google account. So all you can do is send Apple a post but if they won’t reply, why bother. I understand logically the more people who report the problem the better but as a software developer there is nothing I hate worse than buggy code and garbage operating systems and I’m not wasting time with Apple’s buggy OS and related apps for much longer. Maybe it’s time to try a Chromebook or I’m going to be heading back to Windows pretty soon. What a shame.

Trouble adding Google account after upgrading to Safari 13.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.