You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blister under new Apple Watch 4

Hi, I've had my new Apple Watch 4 for just over a month and I've developed a sore/blister right underneath the back of the watch face where the infrared light is (the central one that goes green).

It doesn't feel hot when I wear it. I take my pulse and ecg about once a day, no more than five times a week. I've tried wearing it looser or further up my wrist but it's just where it naturally sits. Other than wearing a plaster under it (as this would render it useless) what can I do? I keep the watch clean and don't wear it at night or in the shower.

Many thanks

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 10:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 10:39 AM

Thanks Julie. I did. It went like this:

Me: Hello Doctor. I think the LED on my new £380 Apple Watch 4 is causing my skin to blister as there is a welt right under where the LED is. What should I do?

Doctor: Stop wearing it and contact the manufacturer. Apply a little healing cream to the blister and keep it uncovered.

Thank you for answering but the issue isn't with my skin, but whether the hardware and components of the watch are skin safe. It's a known issue and I was looking to see if there is a solution.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 21, 2019 10:39 AM in response to julieda

Thanks Julie. I did. It went like this:

Me: Hello Doctor. I think the LED on my new £380 Apple Watch 4 is causing my skin to blister as there is a welt right under where the LED is. What should I do?

Doctor: Stop wearing it and contact the manufacturer. Apply a little healing cream to the blister and keep it uncovered.

Thank you for answering but the issue isn't with my skin, but whether the hardware and components of the watch are skin safe. It's a known issue and I was looking to see if there is a solution.

Blister under new Apple Watch 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.