Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Skin irritation from sensor

Dear Apple,

I have had an apple watch 5 for a while now, about a month before the 6 series was released. I keep getting an irritation under sensor that results in an itch and a blister. I usually wear on left wrist and with the irritation, I switched to the right. After only a couple of days the same irritation started to occur on the right wrist.

Note I only wear during the day. Use it during exercise and have different bands. I note the irritation is only under sensor part of the watch. No issue with the bands. I love the watch, but if these irritations keep coming back I much less likely to wear it or upgrade in the future:(

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 12:41 PM

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We want to make sure you reach the right team for help with your device. We recommend that you contact Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: Get Support.

1 reply

Skin irritation from sensor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.