Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apps not installing on watch OS6

New phone (iPhone 11 Pro Max) with iOS13 and new Watch (series 5) with OS6 installed. When I try to install apps (like Delta, Nike Training Club and others) the install keeps spinning, but never installing. I eventually click on it to stop and it says un-installing (but it never started). Anyone else having this issue?

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 5:58 PM

UPDATE: FIXED!

Just tried doing a full unpair by following these instructions, then setup from scratch again.

This time when it finished setup all of the stock apps were showing as installed, and I can install 3rd party apps fine.

6 replies

Sep 23, 2019 5:26 PM in response to dmcmin

I'm having the same issue - Series 3 watch. I upgraded to WatchOS 6 using my old iPhone 6S, then reset it and paired to my new iPhone 11 Pro (which I'm also installing from scratch).

Neither stock or 3rd party apps are installing. Stock app icons (Homekit, Voice Recorder, Camera Remote etc.) are sitting on the watch home screen with a tiny sliver of progress bar which never changes. If I try to add a 3rd party app from my phone, the spinning progress bar starts but never progresses, and no icon appears on my watch home screen.

I've tried restarting both watch and phone multiple times, and also did an "erase all content and settings" reset and reinstall on the watch.

apps not installing on watch OS6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.