Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS Max stainless steel scratches

I purchased this iPhone XS Max Gold from the Apple Store after Apple removed the iPhone XS models from the Apple website last week and in stores this week. I discovered that there is a minor baby scratch (not deep scratch) on the ring part of the camera lens area. While I was watching several YouTube video clips, YouTubers have used Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish (a car product) to cover up scratches on stainless steel iPhones. I am not sure if this product works for anodized aluminum iPhones on minor baby scratches. The good thing was that it was not a deep scratch or it will be too difficult to cover it up.

Any other suggestions what kind of product should I use to cover up minor baby scratches on stainless steel iPhones and did it work for everyone?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 3:00 PM

1 reply

Sep 23, 2019 3:47 PM in response to Krispy2

Greetings Krispy2,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It seems like you want to use some cleaning products on the iPhone. I would recommend you use this article for information on what to use on your iPhone.

How to clean your Apple products

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Take care.

iPhone XS Max stainless steel scratches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.