You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off wi-fi sharing

iOS devices on my wi-fi network keep getting prompted to share the Wi-Fi password with my MacBook Air. The problem is my MacBook Air is already on the same network. Everyone keeps being prompted multiple times a day to share. Is there a way to turn off wi-fi sharing requests on my Mac, so it doesn’t ask other devices?

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 7:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 7:46 PM

Yes. Go to System Preferences > Sharing > Internet Sharing, and make sure that it is disabled.

Similar questions

11 replies

Sep 23, 2019 9:01 AM in response to Tesserax

• Yes, our wireless network is a Linksys EA8500.
  • Printer Sharing is enabled in the notebook. I'm turning that off.
  • None of the devices are configured as Hotspots. My iPad and iPhone have previously been hot spots for the MacBook, but both have been turned off for weeks. My daughter and husband's devices have never been hotspots for the MacBook.
  • None of the phones are sharing anything.

Perhaps, I should try setting up a new wireless network?

Thanks for your help!

Sep 23, 2019 9:17 AM in response to vince298

Hmm, this is an odd one indeed! Yes, I agree that setting up a new wireless network would be a good approach; however, before doing so, simply powering everything down (modem, router, & all of the network clients), then bringing them back up, starting with the modem, then router, then clients, may just do the trick. (Whew, that was a long sentence!)

Turn off wi-fi sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.